After college, Dr. Darrow completed a Doctorate in Jurisprudence from Golden Gate University College of Law in San Francisco, as well as a Masters of Business Taxation from the University of Southern California (and actually practiced law for 15 years prior to his medical career).
After several sports injuries, Dr. Darrow was healed by self-injections of Prolotherapy (short for proliferation therapy”) which promotes rapid, and prolific, growth of cartilage, and collagen, the structural protein of the body. By rejuvenating injured or worn connective tissue, musculoskeletal pain can be reduced or eliminated.
After realizing the healing potential of the then little-known Prolotherapy, Dr. Darrow devoted his regenerative medicine practice to many thousands of patients suffering from debilitating pain. Dr. Darrow has becoming a leading expert and teacher of Stem Cell Prolotherapy, Platelet Rich Plasma, and Prolotherapy for treating conditions from head to foot, including advanced bone on bone osteoarthritis. He finds it unnecessary to refer patients for elective musculoskeletal surgery, and uses the by-line “Take the Surgery Out Of Pain” on his KRLA weekly radio shows.
As an adjunct to health, Dr. Darrow’s wife, Michelle Darrow, is a Nurse Practitioner, who teaches the Ideal Protein weight loss program. In addition, she performs cosmetic procedures with Botox and Dermal fillers such as Juvederm, and is certified in the Vampire Face Lift (a cosmetic procedure of injecting Platelets) that Kim Kardashian made famous.
Board Certified, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
St. John’s Hospital, Santa Monica, California
New Trier High School, Winnetka, Illinois
Northwestern University, Bachelor of Arts, Psychology
Golden Gate University College of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence
University of Southern California, Masters of Business Taxation
University of Hawaii, John Burns School of Medicine, MD
Presbyterian-St. Lukes Hospital, Denver, CO, Transitional Internship
UCLA Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency Training
Rhone-Poulenc Rorer Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Scholarship.
Pan-Pacific Surgical Association Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Research.
Medical Research Award for Outstanding Achievement In the Field of Research.
Darrow M, Gordon L. “Clinical Study on Low Back Pain Before & After Fusion & Wiltse Internal Stabilization.”
Darrow M, Reynolds JC, Robbins J, Ain KB, et seq. False-Positive Identification of Thyroid Cancer Metastasis Using Iodine-131. Awaiting clearance at National Institute of Health.
Darrow M, Scremin AE. “Cooling and Exercise In Multiple Sclerosis.”
Brink J, Darrow M. “Late metastasis of In-situ Breast Cancer."
Darrow M. “Magnetic Resonance for the Treatment of Pain.”
Darrow M. “Prolotherapy Injections and Pain Reduction.”
Alternative Medicine, the Definitive Guide, Publisher: The Burton Goldberg Group. Chapter: Prolotherapy, co-author.
Muscle & Fitness Magazine
“An Innovative Solution for Aching Joints?”
Los Angeles Magazine
“Back in Business: Surgery Isn’t Always the Spinal Answer”
Golf Today Magazine
“When You Feel Below Par”
Pittsburgh Sports Report
“Complementary And Alternative Therapies”
March 29, 2004
Journal of Longevity
“Emerging Medical Therapy for Arthritis and Joint Pain”
1) Prolotherapy Injections for Pain Management.
Monthly workshop for UCLA-VA PM&R Residents.
2) Back Pain: Non-Surgical Management.
St. John’s Hospital and Century City Hospital, CME.
3) Shoulder Pain & Imaging Methods. UCLA-VA PM&R Residents.
4) Neurogenic Bladder and Spinal Cord Injury. UCLA-VA PM&R Residents.
5) Scoliosis. UCLA-VA PM&R Resdents.
6) Physical Medicine Modalities. UCLA-VA PM&R Residents.
7) Darrow M, Foulkes G, Ayoub M. ” Zoonotic Transmission of Turtle-Borne Edwardsiella tarda.” Infect Med 10 (4): 33-359 1993. Presented as Visiting Faculty at Musculoskeletal Infection Society Annual Scientific Meeting, Snowmass, Colorado. Presented at American College of Physicians Science Meeting, Honolulu. Presented at University of Hawaii Biomedical Sciences Symposium.
8) Darrow M, Foulkes G, Richmann P, De Los Reyes C, Ayoub M. “Atypcal infections of the Hand: 3 Cases.” Am J Orthopaedics. December,1995, 914-7. Presented at Musculoskeletal Infection Society Annual Scientific Meeting, Snowmass, Colorado, August
9) Darrow M, Gordon L. “Clinical Study on Low Back Pain Before & After Fusion & Wiltse Internal Stabilization.” Presented at 7th Annual Combined Orthopaedic Symposium. Presented at University of Hawaii Medical School Biomedical Sciences Symposium.
Medical License, California: A54550
Admitted to practice Law: California
LA Bar Association
American Academy of Orthopedic Medicine
Dr. Darrow graduated from Northwestern University, and has a Medical degree from the University of Hawaii.
He completed his Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency at the University of California School of Medicine.
Directions to our office
Are you a candidate for
Stem Cells or
or Email TODAY!
Call Us Today to Make an Appointment (800) 300-9300