Collagen is a protein that provides structural support to the cells in our body. Hyaluronic acid (HA) partners with collagen to provide strength, flexibility and elasticity. These are substances seen in abundance in youthful skin. As we age, the natural volume and structure of the skin begins to diminish resulting in wrinkles and folds. Inflammation, exposure to free radicals and sunlight accelerates this aging process known as collagen degradation. At Darrow Wellness, we use Juvederm®, Restylane® , and Belotero®, which are all hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, to address these changes.
At Darrow Wellness, we like Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Fillers because:
- They are an excellent choice for facial rejuvenation
- They do not accelerate the aging process
- Ha’s are safe for short term and long term use
- HA’s are reversible, if needed (very rare)
Dermal filler injections using Juvederm® involves the use of the world’s most popular FDA-approved hyaluronic acid based injectable cosmetic filler on the market today. Juvederm® is used by our expert injectors at The Darrow Wellness Institute to reduce wrinkles and diminish the intensity of folds, and restore facial volume.
Right now, Juvederm® comes in three different forms available in the United States: Juvederm® Ultra XC for milder, finer lines; Juvederm® Ultra Plus XC for deeper folds and moderate volumizing; and Juvederm® Voluma XC , which is used for volumizing and facial shaping, such as seen in augmenting cheeks and correction of jowls.
Because Juvederm has a high concentration of hyaluronic acid, the outcome of using this filler is one of a smooth, natural look and feel. Juvederm® is reported in the scientific literature to be the longest lasting hyaluronic acid filler on the market today. The duration of a dermal filler treatment using Juvederm® is dependent upon the type of Juvederm® selected, the amount used and the site treated. Typical results can range from 6 months to 2 years. Results of Juvéderm® are seen almost instantaneously; however, optimal results generally appear after 2-3 weeks once the localized mild swelling and occasional bruising have subsided.
At Darrow Wellness, we use Juvederm® to enhance your beauty in the following ways:
- lip augmentation – for fuller and more youthful lips. Results typically last approximately 6 months. A subtle enhancement of the upper lip can help immensely with the lines around the lips.
- nasolabial folds – these lines are formed by smiling and deepen with age. Juvederm can dramatically soften these lines
- marionette folds – these are the aging folds and lines that travelfrom the corners of the mouth to the jowls
- other folds and lines – deep frown furrows, smoker’s lines, chin lines, etc.
- cheekbones– Juvederm ®Ultra plus can fill hollow cheeks to lift the skin over the cheekbones and restore fullness to the face
Your comfort during the procedure is a high priority at Darrow Wellness. Prior to the Juvederm® procedure, a topical anesthetic may be applied to minimize discomfort during the procedure. Sometimes, our patients opt not to be numbed, as the ‘XC’ in Juvederm® XC stands for ‘Xtra Comfort’. The XC preparations of Juvederm® contain the anesthetic lidocaine to minimize discomfort.
Restylane® is a hyaluronic acid (HA) dermal filler, which is what makes young lips (and skin) so supple and full. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the skin that contributes to youthful skin’s fullness and elasticity. At Darrow Wellness we use Restylane® for:
- fine lines and moderate folds
- Tear troughs and undereye depressions/ hollowness: Restylane®’s reputation is as one of the best HA’s used for filling these depressions under the eyes.
- Lips: Restylane®,isthe first and only FDA-approved dermal filler for lip enhancement in patients over 21 years of age.
Restylane® results are typically evident for up to 6 to 12 months for the management of facial wrinkles, and about six months for lip treatments. Follow up injections have been clinically proven to further sustain the effects for up to 18 months longer.
What makes the Restylane lift® procedure unique is that Restylane Lyft®, which is a hyaluronic acid(HA) filler, has larger gel particles that can reach the deep layers of the skin offering enhanced lifting power. Restylane Lyft® is a great choice to fill in:
- moderate to deep facial wrinkles
- nasolabial folds
- sunken cheeks
Patients who choose a Restylane Lyft® treatment at Darrow Wellness will get an instant boost in their desired area.
Belotero is another hyaluronic acid (HA) product. What makes Belotero unique is that it is thinner and excellent for filling fine lines; creating a natural, smoother look. Belotero is great in areas such:
- perioral lines around the lips (smoker lines)
- Neck Rings
- tear troughs
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
GET IN TOUCH WITH US
* All Fields Required